SMCC Faculty and Staff Organize Women’s Professional Clothing Drive
Phoenix, AZ – Feb. 3 – South Mountain Community College (SMCC) faculty and staff identified the need to assist women in preparation transitioning in to new careers. Faculty and staff came together to organize the college’s first Women’s Professional Clothing Drive to take place February 9 – 13, 2015 during Random Acts of Kindness Week.
Clothes can be dropped off in the Student Life and Leadership Office located on the SMCC main campus in the Student Union Building. Hours for drop off Monday – Friday are 10 a.m.- 3 p.m.
- Women’s slacks, blouses, jackets, skirts and dresses (no personal garments)
- Belts, scarves and accessories welcome, but NO SHOES
- Workplace/job interview appropriate
- Current fashions
- Clothing should be in excellent condition
- Newly dry-cleaned with dry-cleaning tags still attached
Distribution of donated clothing items will be directed through the SMCC Community Entrepreneurship Center, Business and Deca student clubs.
Donated clothing will be showcased during the Women’s Luncheon held in March along with make-up sessions and a “What-To-Wear” student fashion show.
For more information contact, Maria Bailey-Benson, email@example.com or
Dawn Penich-Thacker, firstname.lastname@example.org